If you’re learning English in the US, and you haven’t started watching American Idol yet, there’s no better time like the present to start. Why? Well, imho…
- You get repetition. Each week, the comments are generally the same, so you have opportunities to hear the same phrases over and over again.
- You are exposed to both British and American English accents.
- You can see the differences in communication styles (blunt, honest, beating around the bush).
- You see how hand gestures, facial expressions, and body language affect the intended meaning behind the words.
- You have something to talk about with your friends at the water cooler……and the best reason is…
- You can improve your fluency by singing along!!! You know you want to. Admit it.